Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Woop! Life brings surprises

10/28/14

So, if we're being real, I have to tell the truth.  My husband went out of town on Sunday morning, and got home today (Tuesday at 3pm).  So, I had my two kids with me, by myself all weekend.  I woke up on Monday morning at 4am with the worst menstrual cramps ever, and had to take 3 Advil just to get back to sleep.  I should have worked out, possibly to feel better, but I didn't do much of anything on Monday.  I figured, "ok, you skipped a day...just don't turn that into two days or a week."  I didn't drink wine on Monday and I ate pretty well, so it wasn't too bad.

 Fast forward to today.  I get a call at 10am letting me know that I was the GRAND PRIZE winner to a trip to NAPA next weekend!  I get round trip air, hotel stay, live intimate concert events with Train, Ingrid Michaelson, Blue October, Matt Nathanson....and more, food, wine, and FUN!!  I couldn't believe it!  I am still in shock.  So, basically I spent my whole morning being...spent.  Before I knew it, it was 3pm and I had to pick my husband up from the airport, then my girl home from school.  I had the whole family home, and I didn't work out.  But, you know what?  I am going to look on the bright side.  One of my goals was to WIN at sweepstakes, and technically it was supposed to bring money to the monthly income, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  But, I spent at least an hour with my daughter and her friends outside riding her bike.  I didn't feel like a lazy person today.  I think since tomorrow is a half-day for my daughter, I will be doing my workout in the wee hours of the morning.  There is nothing keeping me from my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment